Saturday, July 25, 2009

Arizona

Last week, Chris and I went to Mesa with his parents to his brother's graduation. It was such a great trip! (Except for the drive of course. Ugh)

Unfortunately, I have no pictures of the trip.

We went to one of the malls there and just shopped around. Chris went to the Pottery Barn with me and I decided (as I always do when I visit there) that one day my house will look like that store. (Sigh) now all I have to do is become filthy rich to be able to afford it!

The graduation was great. It was fun to watch the girls cheering for Shaun...and then once he was done they would keep asking why they couldn't leave now! Watching the graduation made me excited to start school again (yeah, I'm a nerd like that) and to finally be done with my own graduation.

The guys went golfing one morning, and were back by breakfast time because it was already way too hot. Teagan managed to convince me to get up at 5 to go work out with her (yeah, she's awesome like that.) It was pretty nice actually, but already it was warmer outside than I would ever work out in at home. I can see why she needs to get up that early to work out...and I could also see that it had been a LONG time since I'd worked out. It was way harder than it should have been, yikes!

While we were there, Chris's old missionary buddy called him to get together. Elder Rush. He's from Mesa and is still there going to school. He's a great guy, and I wish that I had some single friends to introduce him to. It was fun to listen to Chris and him talk about "the glory days" of Alabama.

Chris, as most of you know, is going to go to school to be an optometrist. He originally wanted to go back to Alabama for school, but we found out that there is a nice, smaller school in Mesa that he could go to. So, if he can be accepted there, we will probably be living there for a few years. I'm actually pretty excited about that. I've loved Arizona ever since we took that vacation to Tucsan. I really like Mesa, and it's a lot closer to home than Alabama!

If you want to see some pictures from the trip, just visit Shaun and Teagan's blog (over to the right --->)

Thanks Shaun and Teagan for having us. It was so fun to see you guys again, we had a great time! Love you!

4 comments:

Teagan said...

It was so fun having you guys here... it went by fast!
and I just got to thinking we never talked about your double lunch date???
hopefully we will be in our new home and we have have everyone here for THanksgiving... wouldn't that be fun??
ps-We need to get Chris done with school fast so we can get you down here!

Teagan said...

I need to reread my comments before posting them...typo-

hopefully we will be in our new home and we "can" have everyone here for THanksgiving... wouldn't that be fun??

Teagan said...

oh and bravo for all the great postings!!!! LOVE THEM!!!! keep them coming...

and I need to do mine... I am slacking-once I do, you can steal some pictures from the weekend.

Todd*Jenny Lei*Savannah*Nate said...

Moving south really sounds like a great idea to us!